- We give fieldwork grants to researchers to make recordings in communities with endangered oral cultures.
- We work with the communities themselves to ensure that they have access to and ownership of their recordings and have the means to preserve and disseminate them as they wish.
- We archive fieldwork data received from researchers around the world.
- We digitise these materials and make them accessible through our website.
- We catalogue recordings already held in collections in the UK, both private and public, so that they can be made more widely available.
- We run an annual international workshop for professionals and students interested in the preservation of oral cultures.
- We publish papers by our researchers, and organise public lectures in Cambridge and elsewhere.